Press release - ITB Exhibition in Berlin, Germany
KAMPALA, UGANDA - At least 18 Ugandan tour and travel companies will be exhibiting at the ITB Berlin Germany 2016, exhibition from 9 - 13 March in Messe Berlin, Germany.
Uganda is showcasing The Pearl of Africa under the theme Gorillas and So Much More. Other attractions being marketed to the international audience are adventure tourism, mountaineering, over 1,050 bird species, alpine afromontane zones to the Albertine rift valley, fresh water angling starting at the source of the Nile, Ugandan culture and our tradition hospitality.
Speaking on the importance of the expo to the tourism sector, the Uganda Tourism Board CEO Stephen Asiimwe has encouraged tour operators to take advantage of one of the largest expos in the world to get new business.
“Uganda is seen as a vast, unique untapped natural haven waiting to be experienced. ITB gives you great opportunity to tap into the great opportunities that will bring in dividends,” said Asiimwe, while meeting operators at the UTB offices in Kampala, Uganda recently. The meeting was done to harmonise plans and update the travel companies on what to expect at the expo.
Uganda will be exhibiting under the theme "Gorillas and so much more" as the ITB Berlin expo marks 50 years. With over 50% of the world's mountain gorillas, Uganda is a prime destination for those interested in primates. Uganda is also home to over 50% of Africa and 11% of the world's bird species; the source of the world's longest river -- the Nile; Africa's highest mountain range -- Mt. Rwenzori; the world's largest tropical water body, Lake Victoria, fantastic weather, food, rich culture, heritage and very warm, hospitable and friendly people.
In addition to promoting Destination Uganda, there will be joint activities with other East African countries to promote the region. On the 11th March, Uganda will hold the Tripartite Cultural Fete at the expo in Messes Berlin, from 7pm, to 9:00pm.
Uganda will be exhibiting in Hall 21.a Booth 119, next Kenya, Rwanda and Cote d 'Ivoire.
The range of activities on the stand will include:
- EAC cocktail at the stand where we launch the Single Visa (between Uganda, Rwanda and Kenya).
- Tripartite Cultural Festival on 10th March 2016.
- Media interviews at the stand on 10th March 2016.
- Ugandan cultural dancers will be performing.
Uganda is proudly hosting.
- One-week Uganda Martyrs festivities in June.
- Raid on Entebbe 40-year commemoration.
- “Pearl of Africa Tourism Expo” in September 2016.
- The First Uganda Birding Expo in November.
- The Big Birding Day in November.
Uganda exhibitors will include:
- Kagera Safaris
- Go Uganda Safaris
- Advanced Adventures
- Gorillas and Wildlife Safaris
- Lake Kitandara Tours and travel
- Platinum Tours
- Around Africa
- BIC Tours
- Speke Uganda Holidays
- Churchill Safaris & Travel
- Across Africa Holidays Ltd
- Matoke Tours
- Crystal Travel Services
- Asyanut Safaris
- Let’s Go Travel
- Pinnacle Safaris
- Marasa Africa/ Mweya Safari Lodge
- UTB 2004 LTD
- Alpha Adventures
- Ministry of Tourism Wildlife & Antiquities.
- Uganda Tourism Board.
- Uganda Wildlife Authority.
- Civil Aviation Authority.
- Uganda Embassy in Berlin.
- Brussels Airlines,
- Turkish Airlines
- Qatar Airlines
For more details, contact: