Fort Portal Tourism City, Sunday, 07th August 2022: Destination Uganda continues its economic recovery beyond COVID-19 with focus on rebuilding
- UTB to create awareness for the new destination brand during the Uganda themed events in Kigali, Rwanda to an audience of over half a million people.
- CHOGM 2022 will provide an excellent opportunity to unveil the new Pearl of Africa Brand in Kigali - the city of a Thousand hills.
- Rwanda is the 2nd East African Country Uganda to experience the new Pearl of Africa brand aimed at tapping into her travel market segment.
Arusha, Tanzania, 04th June, 2022: In a bid to position Uganda as a preferred tourist destination in the East African source market,
The three international tourism film awards were earlier this month received at a prestigious ceremony held at Cape Town City hall, South Africa where Uganda was crowned this year’s Grand Prix and two times Gold award winner by the International Tourism Film Festival Africa for her film; Explore Uganda – The Pearl of Africa.
Nairobi, Monday, May 23 2022 Uganda Tourism Board (UTB) is seeking to partner with Kenyan tour operators to boost intra Africa tourism between the two East African countries with a focus on encouraging more tourists from Kenya to explore the natural, adventure, leisure, business and cultural attraction
Jinja City, Uganda, 19th May 2022: Uganda Tourism Board, Jinja City Authority have concluded plans to develop Jinja as a gateway tourism city in the Eastern part of Uganda. The plans are a result of the meeting held between the UTB, Jinja City Council officials and the Private Sector at
- The Explore Uganda Destination Film has made a grand mark on the global tourism scene with three awards at the International Tourism Film Festival Africa in Cape Town; Gold Award - International Tourism Destination Country, Gold Award - Tourism Africa Destination Award and the Grand Prix - Tourism Africa Award.
- The film, which is part of Uganda’s refreshed brand identity seeks to increase arrivals in the destination as the global travel and tourism industry recovers from the Covid-19 pandemic.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Uganda Tourism Board (UTB) launches the new brand – Explore Uganda, The Pearl of Africa, in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
On 30th March, 2022, Uganda Tourism Board (UTB), the government of Uganda’s destination marketing organization, launched its new destination brand Explore Uganda, The Pearl of Africa, as part of a tourism and media launch event held at the Sheraton Jumeriah Beach Resort in Dubai, United Arab Emirates – a leading cultural, business and financial center of the world.
The launch is a follow up of the initiatives of His Excellency – President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni at the start of the Dubai Expo in October 2021. The launch, presided over by Hon. Tom Butime - Uganda’s Cabinet Minister for Tourism, resulted in the United Arab Emirates becoming the first international market to experience the launch of Uganda’s new destination brand. UAE and other Gulf States are part of the emerging tourism source markets for destination Uganda.
Adventure Vacation Safaris with support from Uganda Tourism Board (UTB), Private Sector Foundation (PSFU) and Uganda Tourism Association (UTA) will host a domestic Tourism promotional tour dubbed ‘’Fellowship on the Nile’’ between 25th – 27th March, 2022 at Murchison Falls National Park in Buliisa District. This is a unique opportunity to roll-out the new destination brand – ‘Explore Uganda’’
The new brand— Explore Uganda, The Pearl of Africa, draws upon Uganda’s global reputation as one of the most endowed destinations, famous for its thousands of plant and wildlife attractions, as well as vast and beautiful landscapes, temperate climate, warm people, and cultural diversity.